Hi David,

david wrote:
> The install file quoates
>
> >Fix: On Linux and other systems using ELF libraries, add the
> >  directory to /etc/ld.so.conf or to the environment variable
> >  LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and run 'ldconfig'.
>
> Only I dont understand how to do this - I simply am lost with this.
> What is the "environment variable
>  LD_LIBRARY_PATH"??   I have come across ldconfig before so I
> understand that-at least!!

This error message comes from the fact that it appears you have
gtk+ installed, but the libraries for it are not found. Those
libraries are typically in /usr/local/lib after installing from
source.

You have two options available to make the libraries "found" -
first, you can add the path /usr/local/lib to the file specified
above, and re-run ldconfig. Then the libraries will be available
to everyone, all the time. Or you can modify or create the
environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH (load library path) to
include the directory /usr/local/lib. This is a temporary
solution for you, for the current session. The favoured solution
would be to add the directory to ld.so.conf.

Please check in /usr/local/lib to make sure that you see at least
a libgtk+.so first, to make sure that this is indeed the problem.
If not, we may have to dig a little further.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
       David Neary,