Hi! Ok, I'm using Gimp 1.3.23 on Linux. I've got a JPEG taken by a digital camera at 1892x1992 (pixels) resolution. The "Print Size & Display Unit" info is:

Width: 26.278 in
Height: 27.667 in
Resolution X: 72.000  px/in
          Y: 72.000  px/in

So, I take this to mean the image is 72dpi and could be printed to a size of 26" x 27".

Now, I want to print this image as a 5x7 image so I change the "Height" setting in the "Print Size & Display Unit" section to 7 and the width changs to 6.649, leaving the units in inches. The resolution then changes to 284.554 px/in. So I take this to mean the image now is the size of 6.65 inches wide and 7 inches high at 284.55 dpi. Is this correct? If I click "Ok", will I now have an image which is 6.65x7 in size instead of the 26x27 I started with?

If I then printed this image, would it print as a 6.65x7 image?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Peace...

Tom