Hi,

misfit-x <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> If that didn't work, then there's a config somewhere that's still saying
> there's a GTK+-2.2.1 somewhere. I have another idea... REinstall
> GTK+2.2.1, then uninstall it. Then reinstall (just make install in the
> source tree you compiled GTK+-2.2.4 in, if you still have the sources
> compiled (ie. didn't delete the dirs or run make clean yet)). And see if
> that helps.

It isn't even necessary to remove the 2.2.1 version. The problem here
is the wrong usage of /etc/ld.so.conf as you outlined below:

> > understand what my _/etc/ld.so.conf_ should look like. Mine has the
> > following...
> >
> > /opt/lib/gtk+-2.2.4/lib/pkgconfig

Just like misfit-x pointed out already, this is of course completely
wrong. /etc/ld.so.conf has nothing to do with pkg-config. I would
strongly suggest to take a short look at the man-pages before doing
such changes. It certainly helps to know what files you are editing.

> I would think it should be in /opt/lib/gtk+-2.2.4/lib instead?

This is a very unusual install prefix that was choosen for gtk+ here.
But if it's indeed "/opt/lib/gtk+-2.2.4", then the value you suggested
is absolutely correct.

Sven