Carol Spears wrote:

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 02:53:44PM -0400, Robert Krueger wrote:

Hi,
I am having a terrible time getting 2.01 to run in my Suse 9.0 system. I do have 1.2 working ok, but I have read everything I can on this, and spent 3 weeks on and off trying to get it to configure. I feel especially bad because we downloaded the 2.01 Windows version onto my wifes new Dell laptop with the XP system, and it's running peachy, no problems. The main problem centers around pkg-config. Here's the error.

"pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0' returned 2.2.3 but GLIB ( 2.3.6 ) was found!"

i had similar problems with debian.  i did not type "pkg-config
--modversion glib-2.0' but figured it out some other way (i read spew
too much).

the way i solved it on debian was to build a cvs version of glib in
/usr/local and add it to the path when i built my own deb of gtk2.

the developers lied to me or have something else going on when they told
me that debian gave them a working version.

too much script-fu in their background, i think.

carol

I have the feeling that if I just eliminate the files for glib 2.3.6 or the text that pkg-config found, that it would "configure" without complaint. I don't know how to find and eliminate this text or files, though.

Robert