Michael Schumacher wrote:

Carol Spears wrote:

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 03:30:09PM -0400, Robert Krueger wrote:

I have the feeling that if I just eliminate the files for glib 2.3.6 or the text that pkg-config found, that it would "configure" without complaint. I don't know how to find and eliminate this text or files, though.

well, that is the thing about linux. you are still trying to work with the distribution. distributions break.

Doesn't Suse have a tool used for package management (yast2, iirc)? Maybe removing and/or upgrading glib with this toll can help?

HTH,
Michael

What I need is for someone to work with me to find out how to eliminate all traces of 2.3.6 so pkg-config doesn't see two versions. That's my first best-step in eliminating this problem.

Robert