Tomek Grzejszczyk wrote:
Hi,
I want to print an image. I have cups installed and I can do it writing:
lp image.jpg
But when I try to print this image from gimp (which gives me really great flexibility to position and scale the image, and set printing quality), I get no result. It is strange because I see that gimp is set up to print by calling:

lp -s -dEpson640C -oraw

I've tried some other printing commands:
lp -s -dEpson640C
lp

I don't know about your system, but in my Slackware Linux the 'lp' and 'lpr' are both symlinks to 'lp-cups' and 'lpr-cups' respectively. I'm using the command

lpr -l -P<printername>

to print from Gimp.

Try 'lpr-cups' instead of 'lpr' in case your symlinks aren't set correctly. If you are using Postscript Level 2 on Gimp, you have to choose the correct PPD file for your printer, and use the command

lpr -P<printername>

to print.

JR

--
| [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~$whoami            ^ ^  | "Trust me, I know what I'm doing!" |
| Jouni 'Mad Max' Rinne      ('x') | - Sledge Hammer                    |