Hello,

I am trying to install GIMP 2.0.1 from source on a Solaris 2.8 machine.  Unfortunately,
I have not managed to get the prerequisite GTK 2.4.1 to install.
I am following the instructions in 'install_help.html' from the GIMP web site.

pkg-config seems to install OK
glib 2.4.1 installs OK.
pango 1.4.0 OK
ATK 1.6.0 OK

Gtk configure fails at:

checking for GLIB version >= 2.4.0... no
*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
etc...

This is SECOND check for GLIB, first check passed!:

checking for glib-2.0 >= 2.4.0  atk >= 1.0.1  pango >= 1.4.0... yes

the message says it might be finding an old version of Glib, but I do not want to
remove
this and damage other installations of GIMP/GTK (I thought it WAS possible to have
parallel installations of GTK).

Has anyone else experienced this difficulty?  Could anyone suggest a way to install
GIMP 2.0.1 that doesn't risk breaking the existing 1.2.5 installation ?

Thanks,

Colin

Dr. Colin Bannister
Information Services