On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 10:08:30AM +0100, Colin Bannister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've got further with installation of GIMP 2 on Solaris, but have hit
> a problem in the Gtk installation, message included below.
>
> Once again, is anyone using GIMP 2 on Solaris ?

I have no idea :)

However, regarding this problem:

> gtkimcontextxim.c:67: parse error before "XICCallback"

The X11 headers on solaris specify the wrong prototype for XIMCallbacks
and XICCallbacks. Working around that issue is somewhat ugly.

It's quite possible that gtk+ doesn't have such workarounds in place
(after all, it's the solaris header files which are broken).

You might try using the X11 header files from xfree86 or x.org, they should
work. You can also look around on google, as this is a common problem on
solaris.

It could of course be sth. else, but this has bitten me a number of times
when adding x input support to applications.

--
                The choice of a                              |