On Saturday 11 December 2004 19:32, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> "Jozsef Mak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > I also cannot understand the reason behind not integrating the help
> > files with Gimp.
>
> We did so in the past and it was a nightmare to maintain. Development
> on gimp-help works a lot better since it is decoupled from GIMP
> releases. For the end user who's using some sort of package management
> system or an installer, there's no difference anyway. The help files
> get installed with the GIMP packages.

As it happens, Slackware and Knoppix (some versions) have Gimp but the help
files are not included.  Either the maintainers of these distros don't know
about the separate help files or they can't figure out how to install them.
(Neither can I.)

I will inquire in the appropriate lists.

Is there a Linux distro anywhere that preinstalls the help files with Gimp?
--
John Culleton

Short list of publishing/marketing books: