On Sunday 22 May 2005 16.23, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Rikard Johnels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > So where can i find a newer version??
> > Its collected via perl CPAN a few days ago.
> > I thought this to be the latest...?
>
> Use the Gimp-2.0 package from CPAN.
>

> Sven

Please help a clueless individual...
How the (lots of bad words) do i get the beast installed??
I tried getting perl to build it by it self
#> perl -e shell -MCPAN
sparhawk:~ # perl -e shell -MCPAN

cpan shell -- CPAN exploration and modules installation (v1.7601)
ReadLine support enabled

cpan> install Gimp

And that pulled the module and failed to compile.
I then tried:
sparhawk:~ # cd .cpan/build/Gimp-1.211/
sparhawk:~/.cpan/build/Gimp-1.211 #
sparhawk:~/.cpan/build/Gimp-1.211 # perl Makefile.PL

And that too failed.

So how do i get it to find, download and finally successfully compile it???

--

         /Rikard

" Sharing knowledge is the most fundamental act of friendship.
Because it is a way you can give something without loosing something."
                -R. Stallman