On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 07:21:15AM +0200, Rikard Johnels wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 May 2005 01.41, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > * Rikard Johnels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [05-24-05 18:37]:
> > > I know. And thats what i do. (both originator and list)
> >
> > BUT, list mail, unless specifically requested, should be replied to
> > the *list* only.  Why generate an extra copy and the extra traffic by
> > sending the author *another* copy of a post he will see on the list
> > anyway?
>
> Security as this list has proved me unreliable when posting.
> All other lists i am on never failed..
>
> I dont WANT to sen double, but if its the only way to be sure i get the
> answers through to the people i discuss with...

the gimp-user list is running very slowly lately.  i would be curious as
to how many are on the maillist....

i have not configured my mailer very much, therefore, i try to answer
emails that were sent to the list back to the list and emails that i
know came from an individual to the individual.  the emphasis should be
on the "try".  i can see from the headers if the email was also sent to
the list or not, whether i actually look at those is another emotionally
charged question.

right now, you are making a mistake i often make -- although, i think
you make it on purpose.  we had quite an exchange via email and most of
that i think i sent directly to you and not to the list.  i relaxed and
typed as if i were typing to a thinking adult since there were words in
the emails that did not fit on a public mail list -- installing things
can be frustrating.

can i ask that you paste some (perhaps not all) of the spew you got from
when you tried to install the gimp-perl tarball?  not only is the line
about the cat interesting, but also the "install pdl" and "please do not
install the pdl" error messages.  send this to the whole list and await
for the list to mail it out.

i was apologizing to you (directly) for suse, even though i had nothing
to do with this distribution (to the best of my knowledge).

can i ask you personally as well as publically ... did you pay for your
suse installation and what did you expect when you installed it?

carol