--- michael chang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Tell the gimp developers that.  I don't know.  Honestly.

Perhaps I'll submit a patch? ;-)

>"Walking ants" means it's not a layer... it's a floating selection...
>[see my later message].  Solution:  Make the "floating" layer non
>floating - by putting it on another layer.

Well, it does say, in the "Layers, Channels, Paths, Undo"-window,
"Floating Selection (Pasted Layer)". But it doesn't matter. I know
now how to work with it. It was very confusing and different to
how I thought it would work (I'm used to working with layers
in CAD-software (CATIA V4, Unigraphics). Thanks for the input!

Best regards

Peter K