On Thursday 13 October 2005 04.37, michael chang wrote:
> On 10/12/05, Orlando Figueiredo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Thanks everybody for your sugestions and posts.
> >  I was abble to install the ufraw plugin using yum...
> >  Now, in the open window of gimp I can chosse the option to open the raw
> > format and it also includes *.cr2 which is the eos350D format. The
> > problem is that when I click to open the image I get a message that says
> > that eos350D is not suppoeted yet.
> >  I went to Dave Coffin's home page
> > <http://www.cybercom.net/~dcoffin/dcraw/> and I checked the
> > list and the eos350d is there. So I am confused and do not know what the
> > next step is?
> >  Any ideas??
>
> Maybe you have an outdated dcraw package, or you are missing a plugin
> or similar.  In such circumstances, the solution would to go through
> the painstaking process of downloading gimp development packages for
> your distribution, and building dcraw from source.
>
> Logically, my head tells me that
>
> yum install gimp-devel
>
> should work, although I've never used Fedora, as above.
>
> Then, presuming you have necessary packages like tar, gzip, make and
> gcc on your system (I don't remember if they're part of Fedora's
> default install) you can simply go:
>
> tar -xvzf dcraw-x-y-z.tar.gz
> cd dcraw-x-y-z
> ./configure
> make
>
> and then
>
> # make install
>
> [meaning run "make install" as root, either via su, sudo, or under
> root from a terminal login]
>
> similar to many other programs when building from source.  But there's
> no research behind this -- and hopefully dcraw comes with better
> and/or more detailed instructions in the package (if any).
>
> Like above, this is all guesses, and more likely than not unhelpful.
> A user of Fedora probably has a better answer.
>
> >  Thanks a lot... I really appreciated the previous help and please keep
> > helping me
> >  Orlando

> > > For that you need ufraw:
> > >
> > >   yum install ufraw
> > >
> > > --
> > > Bruno
>
> --
> ~Mike
>  - Just my two cents
>  - No man is an island, and no man is unable.

As i wrote in my previous reply; check
http://ufraw.sourceforge.net/Install.html
There is a Feodora - Core 4 Extras link there
It points to
http://fedoraproject.org/extras/4/i386/repodata/repoview/ufraw-0-0.4-2.html
"ufraw: GIMP plugin to retrieve raw image data from digital cameras"

If you do go the way and compile from source, the tarball contains a very nice
README that explains almost everything needed to compile.

I haven't had any problems compiling it to get my Pentax *istDS .pef support.

Good luck!
--
         /Rikard