On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 02:48:57PM -0800, Carol Spears wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 02:21:18PM -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > I ended up with two images based on my mask, one with all black in
> > overexposed areas, one with all black in underexposed areas.
> >
> adding a mask should only give you transparency or not transparent

It is confusing to me as to *what* is transparent though, as the actual
image is not modified until until I paste in my black/white mask (at least
the way I used it, and I thought you explained it).

> > I copied one to a new layer in the other, and selected "addition" as the
> > layer mode.
> >
> a layer mode is not a layer mask.  the mask is an easy way to have
> transparency.  the mode mixes the pixels of two layers mathematically.

So, is the best way to combine these images to use layers?

> > I have to clean up the mask edges (they are blurred already but need more
> > changes) and/or etc.
> >
> the levels tool has been useful to me for making blurry images less
> blurred.

The image is sharp, I mean I used the gaussian blur to avoid hard edges on
my mask.

-- Patrick Mansfield