Gracia M. Littauer wrote:
I tried SuSE list...no answer. Since art/photos need good/correct color for printing I'll try here. Best way to calibrate a new LCD monitor using linux OS
To the best of my knowledge, there's nothing like eye-one or other color calibration feedback system available for linux. You should go here for good background http://www.normankoren.com/makingfineprints1A.html. You can also check out http://www.pcbypaul.com/software/monica.html which is a basic one for linux. You calibrate your gamma and black levels.

jim