On Saturday, April 14, 2007 8:35 am, Joshua Simons wrote:

> I am trying to blend two exposures using the 2nd technique ("Layer
> Mask")
> described at this URL:
>
> http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/digital-blending.shtml
>
> To use this given two exposures, E1 and E2, I need to find a way to
> use E1
> as a layer mask for E2. Is that possible using GIMP?

What you need to do is create the layer mask on the target layer where
you want to paste E2 . Then copy E2. Be sure no layers above your
target layer are visible. Make sure the mask is active by clicking on
it in the layers dialog. Then paste the copied image. It will become a
floating selection.  Then anchor the floating selection. That will
merge it into the layer mask.
--
73, AC7ZZ
http://counter.li.org/