Hi,

we do support the Apple platform. The main reason to do the 2.2.15
release is that it contains a fix for a crash that occured only on the
Apple platform.

On Mon, 2007-05-28 at 09:22 +0100, Victor Domingos wrote:

> Isn't it possible to make GIMP binaries available for several
> platforms, like those we can find in other  opensource projects like
> OpenOffice.org, Mozilla/Firefox, Inkscape or Blender?

We don't provide any binaries at all. Packaging GIMP for specific
platforms is left to third-party packagers. If these packages are not
uptodate for a particular platform, then the user community of said
platform does obviously not work. It's sad to see that the Mac OS X
community is even worse than the Windows one when it comes to
misunderstanding the "free" in "Free Software.

> Excuse me if this is a silly question, but it just that I really miss
> that as a GIMP user, and maybe there are many other GIMP users like me
> that would like to have the latest GIMP version shining in their Macs.
> A friend of mine was not able to get GIMP working in a recent MacBook
> Pro (Core 2 Duo). Appearently the latest Gimp.app is getting too old
> and should be updated.

Update it then. Aaron has made everything available that you need to
create an updated gimp.app package. All that is needed is a little bit
of your time.

Sven