On Aug 23, 2007, at 2:08 PM, Greg wrote:

> --- Dotan Cohen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Very nice, the sample chapters were amazing. This seems to be written
>> for Gimp 2.2, but 2.4 will have significant changes. Can you (or the
>> author) address that issue?
>
> Speaking of books, I have Beginning Gimp, which was published in '06
> but says it includes material on the "latest 2.4 release"
>
> Wha?

> _____________

Actually that book was written based on a development snapshot of
GIMP. I find it to be a very useful book IMHO. I'm not sure how
relevant it will continue to be though, based on the fact that the
author really seems to have jumped the gun in regards to the GIMP 2.4
release. When you think about it, that book has been out for several
months now, and was obviously being written for several months prior
to the release (as is the nature of any book). The snapshot she was
using could end up being far different from what 2.4 actually turns
out to be.

I still find it to be a good book with helpful tips though.

--Mike H