Hi,

I've begun using Gimp again after a long time. IIRC, one (more?) tool
of Gimp had an option of making a selection that went through all the
layers right to the bottom layer. And, IIRC, having made that type of
selection in one of the top layers and performing an operation on it
would carry out the operation on the combined output of all of the
bottom layers. May be I am wrong here but I do vaguely recall such an
option after reading on this list about non-destructive editing
features of a commercial photo-retouching applications.

Any help/hints?

--
Best regards,

Asif