Hi,

> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 12:29:14 -0400
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Selection Across Layers
> Quoting Asif Lodhi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> > I've begun using Gimp again after a long time. IIRC, one (more?) tool
> > of Gimp had an option of making a selection that went through all the
> > layers right to the bottom layer. And, IIRC, having made that type of
> > selection in one of the top layers and performing an operation on it
> > would carry out the operation on the combined output of all of the
> > bottom layers. May be I am wrong here but I do vaguely recall such an
> > option after reading on this list about non-destructive editing
> > features of a commercial photo-retouching applications.
>
> To my knowledge, there are no operations which behave that way ...........

That option is "Merge" or "Merged" something (I can't recall the full
option name) in the tool options of, for example, "Select by Color"
and "Selection through the Magic Wand". I thought that any operation
on the selection so made would be carried out on the "combined output"
of all the bottom layers. But I'll explore it more to see if I can
achieve the kind of effect that I described earlier.

--
Thanks & regards,

Asif

p.s. I have Gimp on Fedora-7 and not on Windows that I am using to
connect to the Internet.