On Wednesday 19 December 2007, Thomas Worthington wrote:
> Is there any way to restore the Alt key to its old usage in 2.4? I can't
> drag selections anymore because it requires Alt and mouse at the same
> time, which is a problem on Linux.

It's a problem in some (most?) window managers, not with Linux itself.
Personally, my preferred option is to change the WM's behaviour to move
windows with the windows key + mouse instead of Alt + mouse.

> How do I tell Gimp to use another shift-type key for that action?

I'm not sure if this is possible at all, especially not if from within GIMP.
If someone else knows an answer, please go on.

Yours,
Daniel