< Big snip >

> I've seen this happen several times over my years of lurking on this
> list.  I didn't call myself a "true professional" - I  stated that I'm a
> professional photographer solely to give you context for my comments.

I also lurk and very occasionally make a contribution. You photograph
horses and things and people around them and doubtless sell the images
and make a good living. I am an amateur photographer and making images
is my hobby. Equipment is expensive enough and I am very grateful for
Gimp because I certainly could not afford Photoshop. I have the time to
view helpful videos and read articles, which you may not have and I even
bought a book which shows me around the latest version of Gimp. There
are far more people like me in the world than like you and for us Gimp
is very good, thank you.

Norman