On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 6:48 AM, Helen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have successfully installed SuSE11, and now I'm looking for a digital
> pen/tablet that works with gimp.
> Does anyone have a recommendation (or a disrecommendation) for a brand/model
> that works well
> with Gimp?
>
> I don't need the most expensive model, but I do want one that is good
> quality and will get along
> nicely with Linux, SuSE11, and Gimp 2.4.

I'm using a Wacom Intuos 3 tablet with Ubuntu 8.04 and Gimp 2.4.6 and
it works quite well.  I had to uncomment a few lines in xorg.conf and
restart X to get it working properly, and the tablet needs to be
plugged in before X starts, but aside from that it's been no trouble
at all.  It also worked properly with Ubuntu 7.04 and the 2.2 and 2.3
versions of GIMP.

Happy hunting!
Chris