I just installed gimp 2.6 on my windows 2000 machine, but the program is
inherently instable and is not able to run longer than 5 seconds before it
crashes and disappears. Most of the time it already crashes at startup; if not
it crashes as soon as you click a button or menu item.

The error message is always something like "unknow software exception at blah
blah blah"

2.4 has the same behaviour, only 2.0 runs without problems.

On my other machine, also windows 2000, gimp 2.6 runs without problems.

Anyone an idea what I can do about it? Is there some error log in the gimp,
which I can check on dll's causing the problem?