On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 22:11:37 +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:

> The above mentioned plug-in will always only be a kludge as it can't
> provide all the features that an internal file dialog offers. So the
> focus should be on fixing the GtkFileChooser. There is absolutely no
> reason why it can't be as fast as the native OS implementation. After
> all it is using native OS-specific code.

I personally find the GTK+ widget so bad compared to the native Windows one
that I usually resort to dragging images from Explorer when I want them
opened in GIMP (and I don't use Explorer for file management, but my usual
file manager works in console and thus doesn't support drag and drop).

--
< Jernej Simončič >< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >
< Contact address: >< jernej simoncic at isg si >