Hi Adrian,

Adrian Dusa wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm a Gimp newbie, using it for a long time but at an amateur level.
>
> I have the following (hopefully simple) problem: given two rectangles
> with a common border, is there a way to select the region *inside* one
> rectangle (to fill it with another color), without affecting the
> contents of the other rectangle?
>
> I attached a .png file just for illustration, I hope attachments are
> allowed.
>
> The problem is of course simplified, in the real problem I have
> different shapes for each rectangle (but still with comon borders, like
> in maps).

One way to accomplish this would be, to use the magic wand with
the default setting. This implies that the background has just
one color: otherwise, you would have to increase the threshold.

HTH,

Claus

--
.:: Claus Cyrny - Webdesign |  Grafik | Fotografie ::.

:: Website: http://home.arcor.de/ccyrny/ ::
:: Fotos: http://photo.net/photodb/slideshow?folder_id=714471 ::
:: MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/claus_01 ::
:: Qype: http://www.qype.com/place/189992-Claus-Cyrny-Stuttgart ::