On Friday 24 July 2009, Erik Lotspeich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have OpenSUSE 11.1 and Gimp 2.6.2.  I am having a serious problem with
> printing that I cannot figure out.
>
> For background, I've used Gimp since 1997 and I'm no novice to Gimp,
> Linux, or Unix.
>
> That being said, I found the printing in Gimp 2.2 to be near perfect.
> It worked perfectly and had a feature to auto-fit the image to the
> correct paper size.  Image rotation (landscape/portrait) was never an
> issue.
(...)

Hi Erik -
those features are now maintained in the external "gutenprint" (formerly
"gimp-print" ) project;. Please search you r distro packages for gutenprint
gimp related packages, and the printing plgu-in with the itnerface you are
used to (and the features you are needing) should become available.

  js
  -><-