On Thursday 01 October 2009, Paul Hartman wrote:
>On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Greg Chapman <gregtu...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> Hi Martin,
>>
>> On 30 Sep 09 22:10 Martin Nordholts <ense...@gmail.com> said:
>>> Then why don't you unsubscribe? Link can be found at the
>>> bottom of the mails
>>
>> Maybe because TREY does not see the link.  When I opened TREY's mail
>> there was no footer visible, but the message was marked as having an
>> attachment. Turns out there were two. When I opened the first of these
>> (text/html) it echoed exactly the plain text version I was seeing - no
>> footer.  Finally I opened the other (text/plain) and the footer was
>> revealed.
>>
>> In my plain text mailer I have to go to a lot of hassle to read such
>> attachments.
>>
>> I suffered the same issues with Paul Hartman's response in this
>> thread.
>
>I apologize, I accidentally sent a multipart text/HTML message. I
>normally operate in plain text mode and must have switched and
>forgotten to change it back. Sorry!
>
>Normally the footer should be visible. Martin uses a signature, maybe
>the fact that the footer is beneath the signature delimiter caused it
>to be hidden for you in that case... just guessing. :)
>
>Paul

One last word, although these things tend to get a life of their own.

This is exactly the reason I like kmail, it ignores the "-- " sig delimiter,
and I do see the senders sig, along with the rest of the footers messages.  I
personally would consider an email agent that hid that stuff, broken.  But
that is just one old mans opinion.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Witch!  Witch!  They'll burn ya!
                -- Hag, "Tomorrow is Yesterday", stardate unknown