I don't remember how this discussion has turned to a GUI discussion just
as if the hugest difference wetween the two was this point.
Anyway, Gimp is great, and photoshop has many default too. It also tries
to implement new GUI possibilities, but they sometimes shouldn't, i
guess :)

"Most people thinks having two different menubars in one application is
insane. The small amount of people that thinks it is a good idea will
have to maintain code for that themselves, sorry."

One thing that might be interesting is having contextual menu which is
really contextual to image areas we're on, instead of a simple duplicate
of main menu. WOuldn't be a second menu, but just an extract of
immediate main applicable functionnalities.

pygmee