>On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 10:38 PM, N92 <for...@gimpusers.com> wrote:
>> I am not completely sure but I think Ubuntu studio might have it.
>> I use Ultimate edition 2.7 which comes with gimp 2.6.8 but was easily
>> updated to 2.6.10 through my update manager.
>>
>> Hope this helps
>>
>> --
>> N92 (via gimpusers.com)

>On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Martin Goose
><news2...@thegoosefamily.plus.com> wrote:
>>

>> PCLinuxOS currently has 2.6.9 in the live CD. See
>> http://www.pclinuxos.com/?page_id=180
>>
>> The latest ISOs with 2.6.10 are due shortly.
>>
>> --
>> Martin Goose
>>

>Thanks to both of you, N92 and Martin, for your replies.

>If someone else knows some other Linux Distros endowed with a recent
>GIMP release, please do not hesitate to tell me.

>So long.

*************

Two more pre-installed GIMP distros, One big, one small

First the big one, this is a very active distro:

Fedora 13 Spins has a "Design Suite" Live CD with these:

# agave, for automatically generating color schemes.
# blender, for 3D modeling, animation, rendering and post-production
# The GIMP, a raster graphics editor
# Inkscape, a vector graphics editor
# shotwell for managing photographs
# scribus for professional-quality document layout
# xournal, a sketching and document annotation program for tablet PCs
# dia, for creating flowcharts and diagrams
+more

download here:

http://spins.fedoraproject.org/design/#downloads

The other is distro is limping but has GIMP and Inkscape:
DreamLinux 3.5
download here:

http://www.dreamlinux.com.br/download.html

DreamLinux has a strong Macintosh look
Nice looking. Runs only on my older desktop from '06
The Fedora version looks & runs really nice on my new laptop.

Seems all versions have mouse issues for me. I need a fix to slow down the
acceleration of a BlueTrack Microsoft Mice, both wired & wireless have the
problem. I've been trying to find a fix in Fedora 13 Live CD, I am not
installing it just yet if ever. That's why I came here. I wonder how Ultimate
is with my mouse? Ubuntu LiveCD has fixes for mice speeds via the terminal.
Can't seem to find such a simple method with other Live distros.

--
Mike_tn (via gimpusers.com)