On Thursday 07 October 2010, Gino D wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 12:19 AM, Mike_tn <for...@gimpusers.com> wrote:
> > One More Distro!
> >
> > Linux Mint 9 has GIMP in the Live CD
>
> Good to know. So far, I wrongly thought that Mint Live CD, for the
> reason of being Ubuntu-based, would be devoid of GIMP.
>
> Mike_tn, since you seem to be very knowledgeable about the content of
> various Linux distros, by chance do you know whether Mandriva and
> OpenSUSE nowadays hold the latest stable version of GIMP or not?

http://distrowatch.com/

Choose the distro you are interested in, 1/2 way down the page, the far left
column shows the most recent version of a tracked package, (lots of packages
are followed), the other columns show what version of the program shipped
with which version of the distro

most major distrows provide fairly up to date versions of major programs via
their package management systems. I am using GIMP 2.6.11 on opensuse 11.3.
It is also not terribly dificult to compile gimp from source.

see ya,
dh