>maybe arclayer

>http://registry.gimp.org/node/8261 and
>http://shallowsky.com/software/arclayer/

>an example

>http://imgur.com/PUshM.jpg

>If using windows you will need to install python, not as difficult as it used
>to be. AFAIK the various modules are now compatible, only snag, you would have
>to uninstall gimp and reinstall after python. see:

>http://www.gimpusers.com/tutorials/install-python-for-gimp-2-6-windows

Thank you both so much!

ArcLayer looks most promising but I'm obviously doing something wrong.  When I
open my file Braid.xcf, then click on Filters~Distorts~ArcLayer, I expected a
dialog to open, no?  I get a momentary clock then nothing.  My latest of
several attempts to install Python includes:

Uninstall GIMP
Install Python-2.6.6.msi into C:\Program Files\Python26
Install pycairo-1.8.10.win32-py2.6.exe
Install pygtk-2.22.0.win32-py2.6.exe
Install pygobject-2.26.0.win32-py2.6.exe
Install GIMP v2.6.11
Verify that Python-Fu is present on the Filters menu in GIMP

Copy arclayer-0.3.py and wrap-map-0.3(2).py into the folder C:\Program
Files\GIMP-2.0\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins

That should be all I need to do, right?  I can see both plugins on the Filters
menus.

I've also copied the two .py files into C:\Program
Files\GIMP-2.0\lib\gimp\2.0\python and into C:\Program Files\Python26\Lib where
other .py files reside.

I'm still getting what appears to be nothing happening.

I don't think you're the author of the .py file and may not be able to help
further.  Since both plug ins are showing up in GIMP, I have to think I've
installed them correctly.  There must be something causing them to not start.

--
Yar (via gimpusers.com)