I'm just getting started with GIMP 2.6 and I have no idea what I'm doing. I've
tried doing an internet search for tutorials but I'm having trouble finding
ones specific to my needs and ones that are based on the version of GIMP that
I'm using. I tried clicking the tutorial tab on this website but it only shows
me the upgrades that GIMP made to the 2.6 version. I need some sort of new
user/layman tutorial. Does anyone know where I can get this?

I've done airbrushing and recently tried to paste transparent words as a layer.
However, when I want to move a layer I previously pasted GIMP won't let me
select another layer. How do I do this? I've searched over the GIMP tabs and
can't figure it out. Please help!

--
sweetievee (via gimpusers.com)