One could write a script to do this, if it's possible to determine a layer's
linked state, and programmatically toggle visibility off.
I think it could be done with gimp-drawable-get-linked, and
gimp-drawable-set-visible in a for loop of $number_of_layers
I only did some basic scripting in script-fu, and that too, was a while ago,
so I don't know if this could work.