Running GIMP 2.6.10 on Windows XP system.

For a long time, my GIMP has had trouble detecting my Wacom Intuos3 tablet upon
startup, with the result that GIMP would not respond to the tablet pen
whatsoever (i.e: no extended input devices found).  I generally could work
around this by starting GIMP's program shortcut using the tablet pen instead of
my mouse, but that ceased to work as of about yesterday.

So earlier today I updated my Wacom tablet driver to the latest available
version -- tablet pen is back to ordinary working order again!  Except now I
have a NEW problem:  GIMP won't acknowledge the mouse pointer anymore.

I can use the mouse to navigate window and interface elements, but absolutely
nothing happens when I try to operate my mouse inside the main image area.  I
can't draw, select, or even zoom the window at all -- as far as GIMP is
concerned, the main mouse doesn't exist.

This is extremely annoying, as while I do want to use my tablet in GIMP, I'm
not going to be using it all the time (and being left-handed I prefer to do
some functions by mouse, particularly scrolling/zooming, anyway).

What do I look for to address this issue?

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com