I am a new Gimp user and have just started working on my first
project with this application. Unfortunately, I ran into a roadblock
almost immediately. I am unable to make text any larger than 30 PX. I
can enter larger sizes than this in the Text Tool window, but any
value greater than 30 has no effect. It doesn't matter whether I am
trying to change existing text or am setting up the Text Tool for
entering some new text. Selecting different units for the text size
makes no difference in the maximum text size.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Andy Hall

Gimp 2.6.11