On 08/31/2011 08:31 AM, jfrazie...@nc.rr.com wrote:
> OS: Ubuntu 11.04
> Arch: AMD64
> Desktop Manager: Gnome 3
>

> I recently blew away my Ubuntu 10.10 and installed 11.04.
> Not liking Unity, I figured I would try Gnome 3.  After
> getting Gnome 3 set up, I downloaded babl,gegl, and gimp
> tarballs and proceeded to install all sorts of dependencies
> (required and many optional ones) via apt-get packages.
One thing you might check, since I had the same symptoms after the same
upgrade, is that

xserver-xorg-input-wacom

is installed. (sudo apt-get install xerver-xorg-input-wacom).  For some
reason it was lost when I upgraded from 10 to 11.04 and the install
fixed the problem instantly for me.  (Well not instantly, I had to
restart X.)

Patrick