Maybe you should take into account that "reinstall your ***"  is _not_ a solution .
This is even more true if the *** is as large a package as KDE!
What if the user strongly customized his environment? You simply suggest him to throw
all of his efforts away, and start from scratch again.
It's okay if the reinstall worked for you, but I won't - as probably any user in the
Unix world, including Linux - take this as the solution to this particular problem.
You'd better narrow the solution to "change the XXX entry in the appropriate
configuration file to YYY", for example.
Reminds me of all these said "technicians" who suggest you to "reinstall your Windows"
after the 2nd phone call... :-(

Regards

--
Thierry Michalowski
Systems Integration/Production Department

robert schiffers wrote:

> hi there again
>
> thanx for all your help. i found a solution to my problem, which seems
> easy to me. just reinstall your KDE.
> worked for me :-)
>
> regards
>
> robert
>
> p.s.: i filed a bug report, and will add the solution next.
>
> Alex Harford wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, robert schiffers wrote:
> >
> > > hi alex, hago, friends of gimp
> > >
> > > i know perfectly how the selection add/substract works, but like hago
> > > ziegler i´ve got the problem with the new version 1.11.
> >
> > Everything seems to work fine on my system (1.1.13).  I would recommend
> > that you upgrade to the latest version, since the unstable tree changes
> > quite quickly.  I'm not a developer, so I don't really keep track of bugs,
> > but I know that there were some selection related bugfixes recently.
> >
> > If upgrading does not solve your problem, query the developer's list,
> > and describe your entire setup, ie; Gimp version, GTK+, your platform,
> > etc.
> >
> > Good luck.
>
> --
> Robert Schiffers        Partner of GbR hns                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> GbR hns                 Digital visualisation of architecture   http://h-n-s.de
> OCTREE                  CAD software for Linux,Win,etc.         http://www.octree.de
begin:vcard
n:Michalowski;Thierry
tel;pager:-
tel;cell:+41 79 611 79 05
tel;fax:+ 41 21 349 52 09
tel;home:-
tel;work:+ 41 21 349 46 26
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.edipresse.ch
org:EPSA;Informatique de Production
adr:;;33, av. de la gare;Lausanne;;1001;Switzerland
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Development Engineer
x-mozilla-cpt:;3