[EMAIL PROTECTED] (2001-01-14 at 1945.45 +0100):
> The Xemian gimp 1.2 seems to have done the trick. It does go in as
> ~/.gimp-1.2. Is this particular to the new gimp or this build? Any way
> to get an old generic .gimp (I moved my earlier one so as to avoid just
> this).

Gimp uses dirs with version so you can mix installs or it does not
crash after a big update (some config items are not compatible). After
getting "nice" cores with other apps, I think Gimp way is good, you
can always move one item at a time, or edit by hand to match your old
config (I did).

GSR