Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero wrote:

> Gimp uses dirs with version so you can mix installs or it does not
> crash after a big update (some config items are not compatible). After
> getting "nice" cores with other apps, I think Gimp way is good, you
> can always move one item at a time, or edit by hand to match your old
> config (I did).

I can see the logic of it, but my only experience of gimp is 1.04 which
did not do this. So the question was/is, is this a new feature of
particular to this build?

I tried changing the preferences directories to .gimp from .gimp-1.2 but
it still created new directory. Any other way of getting a plain .gim
back?

Thanks.

Jonathan