Hi Mike,

we did it!

Following your guide I managed to move Gitorious from
http://servername/gitorious
to http://servername, without starting from scratch but just adjusting
what was wrong.

Moving the entire environment also fixed the login page issue.

I noticed something in your guide :

/var/www/gitorious.bluequartz.net/gitorious/log/*log {
    missingok
    notifempty
    sharedscripts
    postrotate
        /etc/init.d/git-daemon restart > /dev/null 2>/dev/null || true
        /etc/init.d/git-ultrasphinx restart > /dev/null 2>/dev/null ||
true
        /bin/touch /var/www/gitorious/tmp/restart.txt > /dev/null 2>/
dev/null || true
endscript
}

Shouldn't  /bin/touch /var/www/gitorious/tmp/restart.txt > /dev/null
2>/dev/null || true be changed into  /bin/touch /var/www/
gitorious.bluequartz.net/gitorious/tmp/restart.txt > /dev/null 2>/dev/
null || true ?

Anyway everything seems ok now!

Many thanks again,
Alberto