> And there's IronRuby (*hides*). That's Ruby on top of the DLR (.Net
> Dynamic Language Runtime). It's supposed to run rails:
> http://ironruby.net/Documentation/Real_Ruby_Applications/Rails
> Nope, didn't test if that works. Might be interesting to try for
> people that are in a Windows only shop maybe?
>

>From what I've seen, IronRuby isn't doing too sharp in performance
benchmarks and so on. There is also a Smalltalk implementation of Ruby
around somewhere, can't remember its name.

Anyway, the easiest way to handle these Rubies is to get RVM (Ruby Version
Manager): http://rvm.beginrescueend.com/
It's got lots of awesome documentation, and is really simple to work with.
Just use your package maintainers Ruby to "host" rvm, and use rvm to install
and keep Rubies up to date (also includes Enterprise Edition).

Regards,
Christian