On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 11:13 AM, Benjamin Podszun <
benjamin.pods...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This sounds like a workaround (and I'm willing to go down that route, if
> necessary. Without a working HTTPS deployment this won't fly internally and
> a lot of my time would've been spent on proposing a solution that doesn't
> work as intended by us). But before I do that I'd like to confirm that yes,
> gitorious (or some of the things it's built on) issues this redirect.
> Since you seem to know more about ruby/rails than I do: Could you give me a
> starting point where I should begin to look for the offending code?

The offending line would be in app/helpers/application_helper.rb's
dashboard_path method:

  def dashboard_path
    root_url(:host => GitoriousConfig["gitorious_host"], :protocol =>
"http")
  end

Gitorious.org uses the secure.gitorious.org hostname with SSL for logins,
and redirects to the regular hostname (gitorious.org) after successful
authentication. Skipping the :protocol parameter in this method should keep
the protocol.

Cheers
- Marius