On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Pedro Kiefer <pkie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm migrating some 300 cvs repositories to git, and I want to managed them
> on my local gitorious install. Migrating the cvs repos to git is really
> easy, but tracking them on gitorious takes a lot of my time. So, is there
> way for creating all those repositories from the command line, through
> scripts/console maybe?

You can simply create a .rb file and start it by requiring
config/environment:

  require "/path/to/gitorious/config/environment
  # Do your stuff here...

You'll need a project, of course, and a user to own the repositories. For
each repository you'll need a name and a user.
The test cases (in test/unit/) demonstrate how to add these things, what's
required and so on.

You should probably set up a database for your development environment, and
use this environment until you know things are working - so you don't
pollute your production database with stuff until you're ready. The
development environment is the default one, so omitting
"RAILS_ENV=production" when running your script will make it use that one.

> Moving the converted repos to the hashed path directory is easy to
automate,
> i just need a way to create all those repositories.

You should also be able to bypass the hashed_path stuff altogether and
explicitly set the attribute based on the location in the file system.

Cheers,
- Marius