Marcus, thanks very much for getting back to me so fast.  Ok I did
what you suggested and i was able to login the activemq's admin
interface and it listed all the gitorious queues including
repo_create.  It says number of pending messages 0, number of
consumers 1, messages enqueed 6, messages dequeued 6.  This seems
right to me.  No pending messages.

So i created another repo and again its sitting there saying "please
be patient while we create this repo" and it never finishes.  After I
did that i showed 8 enqued and 8 dequeed (i guess 2 per create?)  but
the message_queue.log is still only showing the initial stuff i
already posted.  no errors were thrown in production.log when i tried
to create another repo.  I also tried creating it in a new project but
that didnt help.

I have looked through as many logs as i can find and cant find any
details of why.  could the fact that sendmail is installed but not
functioning properly be a problem?  I did activate my account, etc so
i was under the impression no email would be needed.  I would need to
setup a smarthost if i need to use sendmail but i doubt this matters.

Also i should mention, I was able to add a ssh key in the web
interface no problem, no errors, and the key is stored.  So would that
mean activemq is def. working but maybe poller is not?

poller says no messages, even though i ran poller run (not poller
start) or whatever one is non detaching.  But no logs are shown since
it started.

So close, i dont know!  thanks again !