I had to re add my ssh keys and it started working!  Tarballs wouldnt
work but its due to a typo in the gitorious install guide i think, i
renamed the directory to the correct one and now all seems
functioning!

The only error I still get is this:
The specified gitorious_host is reserved in Gitorious
See http://gitorious.org/gitorious/pages/ErrorMessages for further
explanation

the errormessages page doesnt say much but i think its due to my using
git.mydomain.com instead of somethingotherthangit.mydomain.com ya
know?    It says i wont be able to clone a repo on the web but it
seems to work fine.  Should I ignore this error?  Can someone
elaborate if i am correct in my understanding of the error
description?  thanks much.

also i bought a vps to set up my production system on, i am testing 2,
one is 768mb ram w/ 1gb burst (openvz) and the other is 384mb ram with
768mb swap on xen.  Ruby and gitorious, apache,mysqld etc i am a
little nervous because they use al ot of ram. but its a single user
(me) repo site so i am thinking either of these or atleast the 768mb
ram one will work?

Any suggestions on config?  I heard RubyEE is still better at memory
management than ruby 1.9, do you guys find this to be true with
gitorious?

Great software though, it was fun to setup and is going to be even
more fun to use!  Hats off to the dev team!  (does github used a
modified ver of gitorious? i see alot of similarities in the design)

thanks!