Hi,

I've set up your awesome product on a private work server (freebsd)
behind a reverse proxy (pound) and using a numeric ip address as the
hostname.

>From the outside world I can log into the gitorious web app, create
users, ssh keys (with state: ready), teams, projects, and
repositories, and I can access the server via ssh, and I've previously
used gitosis on this server - accessing it with git from my remote
(home based) workstation.

But from the same remote workstation, I can't git push to gitorious
and my efforts give me the error in the subject line of this post.

Here's what I do:
----------------------
After creating a repository in gitorious web app, on my workstation I
do:
mkdir -p ~/mytestgitproject
cd ~/mytestgitproject
touch .gitignore
git init
git add .
git commit -m "Initial commit"
git remote add origin git@my-numeric-ip-address:myproject/mainline.git

But when I do:
git push origin master

Error:
--------------
Access denied or bad repository path

This echoes the gitorious_auth.log on the server:
INFO -- : Connection from "my-numeric-ip-address 58884 22" (git): git-
receive-pack 'myproject/myrepository.git'
INFO -- : Executing read/write command for "git": "git-receive-pack
'myproject/myrepository.git'
INFO -- : Access denied or bad repository path for "git": "git-receive-
pack 'myproject/myrepository.git'

The ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file
shows gitorious is creating and deleting ssh key for my gitorious
admin user "git" upon request in the gitorious web app. (In a previous
test I used the default login name "admin" but neither works.)  Some
tutorials I've read suggest naming the gitorious admin user git but
reading other posts in this group it would seem admin user can be
called anything. Is this true?

And the ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file shows gitorious has prefixed the
following to the info I copied and pasted into gitorious from my
workstation public rsa key:
command="gitorious git",no-port-forwarding,no-X11-forwarding,no-agent-
forwarding,no-pty
So it should be using this command when I do a push.

I tested to see if the 'no-port-forwarding part' may be preventing
outside connection, as standard ssh and git ports are port-forwarded
to our internal server running gitorious, but deleting this part
hasn't fixed the problem, and our reverse proxy pound only listens for
https and thus has no impact on ssh or git, and again, I have no
problem ssh-ing to this server from outside world and previously had
no problem using git remotely with it.

I've been over and over many tutorials and checked the permissions for
all directories, created a tmp/pid dir, etc.

It appears the error is caused by one or both of the following:
1. my using a numeric IP for the host values in gitorious.yml and the
session??.rb file in gitorious.
But I can run and access the gitorious web app without problems from
the outside web, it creates a cookie, and it allows me to perform
functions like create users, projects, repo's, ssh keys, etc, and
search using sphinx.

2. Perhaps I am not running the right daemons?
Some tutorials state I should start activemq and stompserver and
others only use activemq, and from what I've found doing web search
they appear similar in purpose, but I'm still confused about that.
Running both doesn't fix the problems I'm having, so I'm not currently
running stompserver as it doesn't fix problem, it only runs as root -
shows error if I run it as git user, and from research activemq is
considered better.
Should I be running both?

I manually start the following services in the listed order before
starting gitorious via accessing it in the web browser. Failing to run
any of these breaks one or more parts of gitorious's web app
functionality.
i. activemq runs as root:nogroup as recommended in its doc's. (I tried
user: nobody but it didn't start)
ii. git-daemon runs as git usr.
iii. poller runs as git user.

Thanks for reading this long post - I wanted to provide all needed
info.
What can I test to find the error or am I doing some ignorant thing?