On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Tera <gigat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all, sorry, maybe  stupid question, but i've seen in this commit
>
> https://gitorious.org/gitorious/mainline/commit/68bf437169d3ba046245cab59cf7818973611a0a
> thent in the master branch was included this "git-proxy" which should
> convert the gitoriou's way to manage a repository into a real disk
> path understandable by standard git-demon ( the one included by
> default git installation not gitoriou's one).

Correct, that's what we use on gitorious.org.

> standard git-daemon can operate on smart-http protocol, and i'm asking
> if there is a way to configure this git-proxy to manage http(s) clone/
> push requests.

I didn't know that the native git daemon could operate over HTTP?

We really want to support push&pull over HTTP, but it's not there yet. The
smart HTTP protocol basically just uses HTTP as transport and uses the
native git-plumbing for handling the Git side of things; which means the
HTTP "app" is basically just a router and access control layer. I have
created a repository which uses JGit to build a HTTP server (pull only)
that's backed by Gitorious: http://gitorious.org/gitorious/jruby-http-server-
* *adding access control to this should achieve what you're looking for.

Cheers,
- Marius