We use 1GB of RAM in our VM with 2 instances running under passenger at our Company.

Rodrigo.

Em 20-05-2011 06:08, Marius Mårnes Mathiesen escreveu:
On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 9:11 AM, ratnadeepdeshm...@gmail.com <mailto:ratnadeepdeshm...@gmail.com> <ratnadeepdeshm...@gmail.com <mailto:ratnadeepdeshm...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    While creating repository, tested output of free command.

    It is -
total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 765004 756840 8164 0 5716 49700 -/+ buffers/cache: 701424 63580
    Swap:      1572860     966176     606684

    Seems server is swapping. The server 765MB slice VPS, and there
    are other two rails applications which are ideal.
    What could be the minimum server requirement for gitorious to run ?

There are probably other users with better estimates of what's required on the list than me, I work primarily with gitorious.org <http://gitorious.org> - which probably isn't a typical setup.

Generally, each Rails (web app) instance will take up 250-300 MBs of RAM, the poller currently requires roughly the same. The other components aren't that heavy on RAM, except the indexer, which loads a full Rails environment. You'll probably want at least ~500MB available for Gitorious.

Depending on traffic, IO can potentially be a bottleneck, git is quite heavy there.

Cheers,
- Marius