I'm setting up Gitorious internally within a company. We need to hook up
Gitorious to LDAP. I know this problem has been raised several times. I'm
just looking for some additional information, if there is any out there. I
also understand that LDAP support is something that some of the Gitorious
devs are working on, but it won't be ready for a while. I'm looking for
solutions that can be implemented now.

One of the obvious solutions is to set up an OpenID provider backed by the
LDAP server. I did some searching and found OpenID-LDAP (
http://www.openid-ldap.org/). There is also a
post<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/gitorious/WV18wji7z8s/DfHojg4Wv0MJ> here
in the group about using a ruby gem to hook up OpenID and LDAP. Does anyone
have experience using either of these? Is there anything else that can
easily bridge OpenID and LDAP?

I have also seen some people talking about configuring httpd or
sshd<http://serverfault.com/questions/133090/using-ldap-as-auth-method-for-git-repositories>to
 authenticate against LDAP somehow.  This seems to be a solution for
authentication with regard to doing a git-push, though. And since Gitorious
uses a custom git daemon (at least, that is my understanding) I don't know
how that would work.

What have you guys used to hook up to LDAP? Which specific technologies? How
much did you have to roll your own solution to this problem?